Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: Ah, the joy of eBay's email notifications
by Bruce Ure at 16:17 21/12/04 (Blogs::Bruce)
Actually yes, well actually no, they were there until a couple of weeks ago when I had to remove them because I wanted to carry something in the back of the brick. So instead at present there is a full-height filing cabinet and a pair of Yamaha NX1s in the back of the brick. And it's really not loud enough.

I thought I'd show the filing cabinet the sights for a while and then take it up to my office. Then the Argonauts go back in. And I have a plan to put my Paradigm sub-bass in there as well, once I get it back from the fixers. It's a domestic (not car) unit. The fixers can't fix it, at least they could but it would need a new amp module, which would cost more than a complete new unit. So I figure rip the knackered amp module out and drive the cone direct from one of the car amps, low-passed and bridged. So we're then talking (clickety-click) 120W (rms) to the sub-bass and (clickety-click) 160W (rms) to the Argonauts.

And then I shall be one of the twats I look down my nose at as they drive past, incapable of hearing that they should have changed up a gear 100 yards ago and their pistons are about to burst through their bonnet.

"So that's what an arsehole looks like" I chuckle to myself. Well, now I can BE that arsehole.

:bu:

- 'As interesting as THAT' (tm)

<< Ice machine Just keep thinking about the m... >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Ah, the joy of eBay's email no... Bruce Ure - 10/08
    Re: Ah, the joy of eBay's emai... David Crowson - 10/08
    Re: Ah, the joy of eBay's emai... Paul Wakeford - 19/12
       Re: Ah, the joy of eBay's emai... Bruce Ure - 21/12