Re: Ah, the joy of eBay's email notifications
by Bruce Ure at 16:17 21/12/04 (Blogs::Bruce)
Actually yes, well actually no, they were there until a couple of weeks ago when I had to remove them because I wanted to carry something in the back of the brick. So instead at present there is a full-height filing cabinet and a pair of Yamaha NX1s in the back of the brick. And it's really not loud enough.

I thought I'd show the filing cabinet the sights for a while and then take it up to my office. Then the Argonauts go back in. And I have a plan to put my Paradigm sub-bass in there as well, once I get it back from the fixers. It's a domestic (not car) unit. The fixers can't fix it, at least they could but it would need a new amp module, which would cost more than a complete new unit. So I figure rip the knackered amp module out and drive the cone direct from one of the car amps, low-passed and bridged. So we're then talking (clickety-click) 120W (rms) to the sub-bass and (clickety-click) 160W (rms) to the Argonauts.

And then I shall be one of the twats I look down my nose at as they drive past, incapable of hearing that they should have changed up a gear 100 yards ago and their pistons are about to burst through their bonnet.

"So that's what an arsehole looks like" I chuckle to myself. Well, now I can BE that arsehole.

:bu:

- 'As interesting as THAT' (tm)

<< Ice machine Just keep thinking about the m... >>