Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: Premiumtv.co.uk
by Simon at 15:03 06/02/07 (Blogs::Dave)
Because from what Dave's said so far, it wasn't necessarily taken without authorisation - the T&Cs at the point of signup (or subsequently modified and agreed to by Dave in some way) are the key here.

This is standard operating procedure for subscription-based services and some (if not most) companies rely on the fact that people forget they need to explicitly cancel them.

A few are kind enough to notify you ahead of the end of your subscription as a courtesy but that's the exception rather than the rule I find.

A very few - and http://www.gototalk.com/ are one of these - will go the extra mile and even refund (unasked, I might add) your just-automatically-paid subscription if you cancel immediately afterwards. That sort of behaviour means they end up being cited in threads such as these as Very Good Guys to be recommended.

Dave, I think you should just pay PremiumTV, then cancel in writing and put it down to experience. Unless there's other information which might affect the outcome that you've not posted, I think you're on a hiding to nothing.

--
simon

<< Got 5 minutes Clouds Across the Moon >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Premiumtv.co.uk David Crowson - 5/02
    Re: Premiumtv.co.uk David Crowson - 6/02
       Re: Premiumtv.co.uk Bruce Ure - 6/02
          Re: Premiumtv.co.uk Simon - 6/02
                Re: Premiumtv.co.uk Simon - 6/02
                   Re: Premiumtv.co.uk Bruce Ure - 6/02