Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Premiumtv.co.uk
by David Crowson at 15:09 05/02/07 (Blogs::Dave)
are a bunch of thieving scrotes IMO.

They took me for 20.46 without my permission and their reply as to why is "once you signed up (middle of last year) we are allowed to take an annual fee, it is the T+Cīs"

Well, OK , a reminder that my subscription was running out or a notice that they were about to sting me might have been nice or an option to cancel before the new subs started perhaps , but no. Nada.

They just took it without asking or telling and they now have the cheek to backsass. I donīt even want this friggin service anymore and mostly because it sucks.

Small claims court here I come.Iīve already complained to the CC company)

--
bombholio
<< Got 5 minutes Clouds Across the Moon >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
Premiumtv.co.uk David Crowson - 15:09 05/02/07
Re: Premiumtv.co.uk David Crowson - 14:13 06/02/07
and their "answer" to all this.

is......

"We have noted your comment and look forward to reading your blog."

Tossers.

I will now make it my life mission to give this dishonest and disreputable firm the publicity they deserve.

I wonder if theyīll even bother to show in court, somehow I doubt it. They appear to be totally spineless which isnīt much of a surprise.

--
bombholio

Re: Premiumtv.co.uk Bruce Ure - 14:26 06/02/07
Why don't you just get the CC company to refund the money, saying it was taken without authorisation?

--

Re: Premiumtv.co.uk David Crowson - 14:41 06/02/07
Already pursuing that line.....but they seem a tad, err, slow....

--
bombholio

Re: Premiumtv.co.uk Simon - 15:03 06/02/07
Because from what Dave's said so far, it wasn't necessarily taken without authorisation - the T&Cs at the point of signup (or subsequently modified and agreed to by Dave in some way) are the key here.

This is standard operating procedure for subscription-based services and some (if not most) companies rely on the fact that people forget they need to explicitly cancel them.

A few are kind enough to notify you ahead of the end of your subscription as a courtesy but that's the exception rather than the rule I find.

A very few - and http://www.gototalk.com/ are one of these - will go the extra mile and even refund (unasked, I might add) your just-automatically-paid subscription if you cancel immediately afterwards. That sort of behaviour means they end up being cited in threads such as these as Very Good Guys to be recommended.

Dave, I think you should just pay PremiumTV, then cancel in writing and put it down to experience. Unless there's other information which might affect the outcome that you've not posted, I think you're on a hiding to nothing.

--
simon

Re: Premiumtv.co.uk David Crowson - 15:22 06/02/07
I have already paid them when I didnīt want to, thatīs the whole point.

Itīs wrong, itīs bad business and IMO theft.

Iīve asked them for my money back more than once and you see the response.

I have written it up to experience, but I wonīt stop until either

a) I get satisfaction, i.e. my money back and an apology for their caring attitude.

or

b) they sue my ass for the web site thatīs going to appear tomorrow....which may or may not have anything to do with me :)

I know , itīs daft but sometimes you just have to put your foot down....

--
bombholio

Re: Premiumtv.co.uk Simon - 15:46 06/02/07
I sympathise and understand but I don't think you've got a leg to stand on.

If the T&Cs in force say that when you sign up you're authorising them to continue to renew your subscription in the future unless you explicitly cancel, then I don't see how you can win.

Maybe it's bad business on their part - or at least it's not the best business - but unless you can show that the contract you've signed is unfair (I haven't seen their T&Cs so can't comment and IANAL anyway)...

But it's your fight, so go to it if you must - just don't start libelling them on here or it's us that'll start getting the nasty letters.

(PremiumTV, if you're watching, you can register an account like anyone else and participate here if you want to exercise your right of reply).

--
simon

Re: Premiumtv.co.uk Bruce Ure - 15:53 06/02/07
He did cancel. He emailed, and wrote at least one letter (he told me last time we met). The fact they didn't get it or act on it is not his fault.

The *company* don't have a leg to stand on.

--

Re: Premiumtv.co.uk Simon - 16:12 06/02/07
Well that's an entirely different bucket of haddock then.

Go get 'em Dave!
--
simon

and as if by magic David Crowson - 07:11 07/02/07
looked what appeared overnight.

Wonder who did that, a work of genius ;-p
--
bombholio

Re: Premiumtv.co.uk Bruce Ure - 15:50 06/02/07
I worked for a company who send out DVDs by post, and when a disgruntled customer (of which there were many) contacted their card issuer to get a refund because they said the purchase was unauthorised, we NEVER successfully (out of hundreds of such complaints) persuaded the CC company that the customer HAD authorised and got our money back. Not once.

You really are in a much better position as the consumer.

Dave, tell the CC company you emailed a cancellation (which of course you did) months ago.

They will refund it, and the company will not bother to chase it.

Even if they do, it's your word against theirs.

Forget court cases, web sites which will cost you an annual fee, etc. (amusing though they are, for about 5 seconds).

Life's too short.

--

Re: Premiumtv.co.uk David Crowson - 14:40 06/02/07
so, who remembers
the-worlds-worst-recruitment-agency.com

I feel another website coming on.....

(oh, and in case your wondering, itīs not the amount of money itīs the principle of the thing)

--
bombholio