Re: Premiumtv.co.uk
by Simon at 15:03 06/02/07 (Blogs::Dave)
Because from what Dave's said so far, it wasn't necessarily taken without authorisation - the T&Cs at the point of signup (or subsequently modified and agreed to by Dave in some way) are the key here.

This is standard operating procedure for subscription-based services and some (if not most) companies rely on the fact that people forget they need to explicitly cancel them.

A few are kind enough to notify you ahead of the end of your subscription as a courtesy but that's the exception rather than the rule I find.

A very few - and http://www.gototalk.com/ are one of these - will go the extra mile and even refund (unasked, I might add) your just-automatically-paid subscription if you cancel immediately afterwards. That sort of behaviour means they end up being cited in threads such as these as Very Good Guys to be recommended.

Dave, I think you should just pay PremiumTV, then cancel in writing and put it down to experience. Unless there's other information which might affect the outcome that you've not posted, I think you're on a hiding to nothing.

--
simon

<< Got 5 minutes Clouds Across the Moon >>