Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: Scan Computers just made my shitlist
by Simon at 16:30 08/02/07 (Blogs::Bruce)
Fine - I'll do my own research.

Facts taken out of context

Case against recycling based on dollar value alone

Various refutations of key points made in the program

Quote by the author of '8 Myths about Recycling' from the program:

In almost all communities, it is more expensive to recycle than it is to landfill

... that spectacularly misses the point, and P&T then claiming that government recycling subsidies are necessarily evil because they force you to spend your (tax) money on what you wouldn't otherwise choose to is about as childish and ignorant an argument as it's possible to make.

Now I've found the program on Google Video it strikes me that this program is more to do with P&T's need to appeal to the nihilistic "Everything sucks" generation in order to preserve their 'cred' than any kind of thoughtful analysis.

Plus, it's entirely US-centric and so its relevance to the UK situation is dubious.

Oh, and in the first five minutes they've fastened onto my second guessed point about the energy economics so your 'not really' wasn't strictly true, was it?

Halfway though they even concede that recycling does make economic sense in some instances (eg aluminium cans), so the idea that "recyling... is... twaddle" is refuted even by themselves.

I confess I got bored at this point.

Overall, I've not listened to anything as stupid as this since accidentally coming across a Rush Limbaugh show.
--
simon

<< Mac daftness Stupidly good torch >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Scan Computers just made my sh... Bruce Ure - 7/02
    Re: Scan Computers just made m... Steve - 7/02
       Re: Scan Computers just made m... Bruce Ure - 8/02
          Re: Scan Computers just made m... David Crowson - 8/02
                Re: Scan Computers just made m... Simon - 8/02