Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: Film Premiere/Test-screening
by David Crowson at 23:53 26/04/06 (Blogs::Dave)
Well , it wasn't Munich it was Parfume - story of a murderer (Dustin Hoffman, Alan Rickman ,Ben Wishaw), shot here in Bavaria last year..

The story is set in 18th Century France. It relates the fascinating and horrifying tale of Jean-Baptiste Grenouille, a person as gifted as he was abominable. Grenouille was born without a smell of his own but endowed with an incomparable sense of smell. He apprentices himself to a perfumer and becomes obsessed with procuring the perfect scent that will make him fully human. To achieve this, he murders 25 girls and takes their smell. It is a highly sophisticated horror tale - superbly researched and written.

Unfortunatley the film was nowhere near as good... it was way too long, that was def. a double numb bum :-0

I also had to suspend all 4 of my disbeliefs at once. Haven't read the book but that was def. bordering on silly. Interesting meme though.

Not my type of film really, however I did enjoy Dustin Hoffman getting taught by the apprentice bit, and why oh why didn't Alan Rickman stick the guy with the sword at the end, I'm not a violent type, but by that stage I really wanted the film to end.

And as for the mass town orgy at the end, entertaining but messy :)

More "Scent of a dead Woman" than Parfume..IHMO

But thanks for the free night out all the same ...

Might be worth a watch when it's edited and released, sometime...

--
bombholio

<< Time It's all going Pete Tong >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Film Premiere/Test-screening David Crowson - 26/04
    Re: Film Premiere/Test-screeni... David Crowson - 26/04