Re: Film Premiere/Test-screening
by David Crowson at 23:53 26/04/06 (Blogs::Dave)
Well , it wasn't Munich it was Parfume - story of a murderer (Dustin Hoffman, Alan Rickman ,Ben Wishaw), shot here in Bavaria last year..

The story is set in 18th Century France. It relates the fascinating and horrifying tale of Jean-Baptiste Grenouille, a person as gifted as he was abominable. Grenouille was born without a smell of his own but endowed with an incomparable sense of smell. He apprentices himself to a perfumer and becomes obsessed with procuring the perfect scent that will make him fully human. To achieve this, he murders 25 girls and takes their smell. It is a highly sophisticated horror tale - superbly researched and written.

Unfortunatley the film was nowhere near as good... it was way too long, that was def. a double numb bum :-0

I also had to suspend all 4 of my disbeliefs at once. Haven't read the book but that was def. bordering on silly. Interesting meme though.

Not my type of film really, however I did enjoy Dustin Hoffman getting taught by the apprentice bit, and why oh why didn't Alan Rickman stick the guy with the sword at the end, I'm not a violent type, but by that stage I really wanted the film to end.

And as for the mass town orgy at the end, entertaining but messy :)

More "Scent of a dead Woman" than Parfume..IHMO

But thanks for the free night out all the same ...

Might be worth a watch when it's edited and released, sometime...

--
bombholio

<< Time It's all going Pete Tong >>