Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Space Odyssey / The Planets
by David Crowson at 23:16 09/11/04 (Blogs::Dave)
two great series started tonight, anyone catch them ?

I missed the first bit of SO, but managed to DVDR the making of on BBC4 and the first episode of The Planets, 1 of 8

Some of the BBC Live events look interesting, might be worth a road trip...

--
bombholio
<< Damn Atlantis found.... >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
Space Odyssey / The Planets David Crowson - 23:16 09/11/04
RAF Spadeadam Simon - 14:33 18/11/04
Just talking to a guy yesterday about the UK Space Program, Blue Streak etc and he sent me this link:

RAF Spadeadam

Did you see the BBC4 doc the other night about what happened to the UK space pioneers' work?
--
simon

Re: RAF Spadeadam David Crowson - 15:29 18/11/04
Missed it, but when I was at aschool I met the chap who the British Govt. had pegged to be the first British Astronaut back in the late 60's (I forget the name), but like most defence projects that involved politics and the UK (Blustreak being a good example) the idea was canned, poor chap.

--
bombholio

Re: RAF Spadeadam David Crowson - 15:37 18/11/04
PS I got chastised by the bloke at the Post Office for your signature....it was the way he sucked breath through his teeth in a Jamaican stylee that made me smile

All sent now, we will see :)

--
bombholio

Re: RAF Spadeadam Simon - 15:39 18/11/04
One of the guys being interviewed said he still had a 20ft long shelf in his attic that held the project plans and diagrams for a load of stuff that they'd hoped to do, but never had the resources for.

--
simon