Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Everyone's busy with Mars right now
by Simon at 10:03 28/08/03 (Forum::QCUIAG::General)
Yahoo changed their policy recently and no longer send out aggregated file attachments with the digest format of their Yahoogroups stuff.

You can only get attachments if you subscribe to receive each list message one by one, and the QCUIAG list is pretty high traffic.

So there was some debate on the list about what to do, and a couple of folk mentioned they'd be into a multimedia webforum approach to make having discussions easier (mailing lists are pretty bad for ongoing discussions, in my view, all too easy for threads to break).

As a result, I set this area up and posted a message to the list asking anyone interested to pop over and discuss whether this would be a useful facility to have.

I can tell by the logs that a number of people have taken a look, but no-one has replied to me either on list or here or privately so far.

Far more important to get as many good images of Mars as possible at the moment, webforums and such can wait - and rightly so!

I do hope someone from the list sets up an account and replies fairly soon though, I'd have thought at least those who expressed an interest in forums in the first place would have said something, even if it was only 'this is pants!'
--
simon

View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
First posting Simon - 26/08
    Couple of other things Simon - 26/08
       raises eyebrow David Crowson - 27/08
          Everyone's busy with Mars righ... Simon - 28/08
             talking of MARS pictures David Crowson - 28/08
                Yup, that's the intention Simon - 28/08
                   OK David Crowson - 28/08
                      Friday... Simon - 28/08
                         sure thing David Crowson - 28/08