Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: Hugo had one too...
by Gordon Hundley at 01:47 08/06/04 (Blogs::Dave)
We're still in the same place until 9th July, when we'll move half an hour up the road into the land of Tony Soprano. The rent is cheaper, and it's five minutes from work. Timing being what it is, I'll no doubt soon thereafter find a better job that's at least an hour away.

I'm still doing firewall and general unix stuff on a bunch of systems designed by amateurs. It's crap, but its a paycheck. You could email me at work, but the constipated mailsweeper would probably eat it and forward me twenty spam mails instead.

We'd have visited by now, but the dollar is worth approximately nothing in real money these days. At least electronics and local media are inexpensive. When available, the commestibles are keenly priced too. The greatest upside has to be cable modem speeds and pricing, and HDTV programming for effing huge projection TVs. Americans are all size queens - not just the Texans - and our new 53" set is merely 'acceptable' in this day and age.

Signe promises to call Simon & Kris next, though we're envisioning that you don't keep Dave & Hugo's mid-atlantic hours, so it'll have to be a tad earlier.
--
DrGoon

<< Attention Simon Mid life Crisis ? >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Blimey David Crowson - 2/06
    Hugo had one too... Simon - 2/06
       Re: Hugo had one too... David Crowson - 3/06
          Re: Hugo had one too... Bruce Ure - 5/06
             Re: Hugo had one too... David Crowson - 5/06
             Re: Hugo had one too... Gordon Hundley - 8/06
                Re: Hugo had one too... Bruce Ure - 8/06
                Wotcha Simon - 8/06