Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Paradigm shift, again...
by David Crowson at 16:24 27/10/04 (Blogs::Dave)
My Ipod is unreliable, fragile, too bulky and a pain to add new tracks to easily (as it's at capacity and firewire on my laptops has no power)

Something I didn't think I'd ever say about it. It does seem , however, to lose all the playlists/skip and stutter/lose battery charge within a day with increasing frequency, and Itunes sucks bigtime for anything other than 5.1 surround sound playback and a nice visualiser. I'm sick of having to rebuild Itunes everytime the .db file goesd doolally (and it does so often and no I don't have a virus or a duff disk)

So out with the fat Apple and in with sexy , tiny, shiny new 1GB solid state player I'm using for commuting.(USB2 so it's easy to add and remove stuff)

Think of the first cellphones vs. the ones you can get these days and you'll be on the right track.

In case you wonder what the hell I'm ranting about then you'll just have to wait and see how tiny and dead sexy the new player is :)

Normally I'd post a link to the device, but it appears that no-one on the net sells it yet(not even the manufacturer:).

Oh how readily we moan and begrumble what yesterday seemed brilliant, but today seems old hat.....expensive this progress lark ;-p

--
bombholio
<< Purple Haze Great Album >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Paradigm shift, again... David Crowson - 27/10
    Re: Paradigm shift, again... Gordon Hundley - 27/10
       Re: Paradigm shift, again... Bruce Ure - 28/10
          Re: Paradigm shift, again... Nic Jackson - 28/10
             Re: Paradigm shift, again... David Crowson - 29/10
                Re: Paradigm shift, again... Bruce Ure - 29/10
                   Re: Paradigm shift, again... David Crowson - 29/10