Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

You meet
by David Crowson at 00:26 07/07/06 (Blogs::Dave)
the most amazing people in this Stadt.

Left work at 5pm, wallked to Riem S-bahn , caught the 5.10, stepped off 4 stops later, 5.33, at my new home station, Rosenheimer Platz and instead of taking the right exit and walking the 500 metres to the end of the block and my new home and German male and female flatmates in the city, I took the exit straight ahead 'geradeaus' walked the 300 metres to the Outland Bar(my local) and had a couple of Guinuess. Steve was on duty (the Aussie barman that had graciously lent me his car for a month after the fire brigade/Suzuki DR incident, so that I didn't have to walk the 3km from the S-bahn to my home in Althausen and back again every day...drive his car...10 mins...walk...40 mins....top man)

John and his mate Mark walked in, and the pair of them being 20+ yr veterans of Munich and known to me decided to join me for another few calmers :)

Mark played me video on his Ipod of band called Switch NX
which i thought were rather good, Greenday but better...then he said the drummer was his son....nice...he then proceeded to phone his Son up and asked him if he had ever heard of Can or Holgar Cuzaky(I may have mentioned them:). No was the answer, but with a promise that he would look them up ;-p

John then mentioned that when he went to Tollwood last week, two of the members of Tool were there jamming with some Germans, damn, missed that......will check out if they're stil there next week, as Tollwood isn't done till next friday.

After that I really should have gone home, however , persuaded by John we stepped outside, back the 300m to the S-Bahn and took a right to the Jazz Cantinia, where we drank severely ;-p and ate Nachos.

Then stepped next door to a 'Gerrman only' bar aka a Stammtisch (locals only table) where I learnt more German and Bayerische in an hour than I had in the 3 years at school (20+ rs ago).

Pissed as a fart we made good with all the locals in the bar and wobbled the 400 metres home and Voila, Allez Les Blues fur das WereldMeisterSchaft, innit :)

PS See y'all at t'weekend, what ....

--
bombholio
<< Strike a Pose Syd no More, Montoya no More >>
Printer Version