Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

I was going to the cop shop
by David Crowson at 17:06 28/07/04 (Blogs::Dave)
to report the dangerous knob in the white 4x4, reg T118 ALP, who decided that he'd occupy the space in my lane that I was in (pushing me into the curb at the Hersham/Esher tl's). After I'd got in front of him (doing about 35) and waved at him to protest about his non-use of the mirrrors and near accident I decided to get on with it and leave well alone, but I had to slow for traffic to about 20mph. It was then that he decided to ram the back of the bike (whilst we're still moving). I was very very lucky to stay upright (I felt the back of bike lift off the ground and the bars went sidways then recovered). I then gestured for him to stop, but he just drove off. Unbelievable.

Never, ever in all my years of riding has anyone ever done anything like that, it was bloody scary.

There appears to be no damage to the bike at all, not even a scuff, god bless plastic bumpers.

I could understand it if I was a total hooligan , harassing car drivers, weaving in and out of traffic and the like, I just never expected that sort of thing when I'm pootling along trying to mind my own business at or below the speed limit.

Live (thank you supreme being) and learn I guess :-/

--
bombholio
<< Want a really fast home broadb... Ups and Downs >>
Printer Version