Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Terminator Cometh
by David Crowson at 16:24 23/03/09 (Blogs::Dave)
Load too heavy ?

Then you need a BigDog :-o

--
bombholio
<< New Particle Heads Up >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
Terminator Cometh David Crowson - 16:24 23/03/09
- Deleted User Account - 16:58 23/03/09
-
Re: Terminator Cometh Simon - 17:12 23/03/09
It's all your fault for pointing me at that Army surplus website :-)

Most of a Lynx helicopter went by on a flatbed on the A345 a little while ago.

There's a pre-deployment exercise under way at the moment for 26 Engineer Regiment which means AS90 firing on Imber for the next three days, followed by the annual firepower rehearsals and demonstration from the 27th to the 2nd.

Going to be a noisy few days.

This lot were beetling about at the weekend

--
simon
Attachments...
JPG image (18 K) I spy with my little eye, something beginning with 'T'
- Deleted User Account - 22:37 23/03/09
-
- Deleted User Account - 22:52 23/03/09
-
Re: Terminator Cometh Simon - 08:37 24/03/09
The military are getting a bit miffed with milgeeks hanging around watching them practice - particularly near Deptford Down airstrip, where they all line up on the byway to photograph what's going on.

Not that they can do much about it - bunging in a load of "Prohibited Place - Photography Not Allowed" signs won't be much good in the middle of what is essentially just a field on the downs.
--
simon

- Deleted User Account - 08:59 24/03/09
-
Re: Terminator Cometh Simon - 09:07 24/03/09
The army doesn't want folks to see pics of soldiers looking angrily at members of the public, so I expect they're briefed to 'grin and bear it'

I've been invited to the Netheravon Airfield Parachute Centre open day in June, so I'll get to fly over the Plain a bit, though jumping out is apparently not part of the program.

It's a perk of being a Parish Councillor, but I'll have to keep an eye out for being 'accidentally' pushed in the back when the door's open ;-)
--
simon

Re: Terminator Cometh Simon - 08:32 24/03/09
Odd you should mention smoke, while I was out walking the dog last evening I noticed a small fire up by the washdown station between Anniversary Plantation and the A345.
--
simon