Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

You wouldn´t get me
by David Crowson at 07:59 07/02/07 (Blogs::Dave)
out there

--
bombholio
<< Clouds Across the Moon Put that in your >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
You wouldn´t get me David Crowson - 07:59 07/02/07
Re: You wouldn´t get me Bruce Ure - 08:39 07/02/07
I think I'm with you on that one.

"...some members and residents [of the Native American tribe building it] worry that the structure will be doomed by its support system——steel poles drilled 40 feet (12 meters) into the porous canyon wall."

Do they mean the physics won't work, or the spirits will smite it?

--

Re: You wouldn´t get me Simon - 09:09 07/02/07
Nothing wrong with the physics - but the geology may be suspect.

I shouldn't think that 40' thick sections of the canyon wall coming away are all that unusual...
--
simon

Re: You wouldn´t get me Steve - 17:02 07/02/07
I would.

As Graham would probably testify, I appear to be unfazed by heights. I had no problem walking out over the glass floor of the CNN Tower at Toronto when I was over there.

Maybe you need to have had some sort of bad experience with heights to trigger the fear in the first place?

--
stevepa

Re: You wouldn´t get me Bruce Ure - 17:12 07/02/07
To apply a simple Yas-esque analysis, I think you'll find this means you want to have sex with your mother.

--

Re: You wouldn´t get me Simon - 08:31 08/02/07
Where is Yas these days? Anyone in contact with him? Come to that, what about Simon Bird?
--
simon
Re: You wouldn´t get me Bruce Ure - 09:00 08/02/07
He's here. I'm in contact with him, though last time was a few months ago. He seems well, and happy... living in paradise in the middle of nowhere in the outback with Maria.

Excerpt from a mail I just found looking back:

I have changed a lot since you last saw me. I've finally taken the plunge and changed gender. I am now Yasmin. I have also put on a lot of weight - I weigh 174kg. I now have long blonde hair, wear bright red lipstick, I'm very fat, I wear a tight pink miniskirt and I also have a thick black handle-bar moustache. I look like a cross between Claudia Schiffer and Giant Haystacks (but with a moustache).

--

Re: You wouldn´t get me Simon - 09:13 08/02/07
When's he going to show up in the "Sheila's Wheels" advert then? ;-)
--
simon
Re: You wouldn´t get me David Crowson - 17:16 07/02/07
I dunno, I can't recall having one....

I have no problem throwing myself off mountains strapped to two planks but I still get vertigo. flying, no problem, abseiling, no problem. Standing still near an edge I hate, either I have to go over it or not go near it at all.

I'm happy to ski a schuss or piste, then go off the edge of it (that freaks out a lot of skiers:) but get me to stand near the edge of a drop with no skis or no equipt to make it possibile to go over it and I can't. (couldn't go near the barrier in the pic...)

Maybe if they dangled a rope from it I could give it a go :)

--
bombholio

Attachments...
JPG image (900 K) 4ft in front of this pic and it's 4km straight down