Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Back to School
by David Crowson at 09:48 24/08/06 (Blogs::Dave)
Well , so much for a rest when I get home this w/e. I start my new contract at the place it all began back in 86, Portsmouth Uni.....

Can't wait....

--
bombholio
<< I've wanted to do Space stuff >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
Back to School David Crowson - 09:48 24/08/06
Re: Back to School Simon - 10:25 24/08/06
Brilliant! If you want, that could be a job for life (uni's are great places to hide)
--
simon
- Deleted User Account - 11:32 24/08/06
-
Re: Back to School David Crowson - 11:47 24/08/06
talking of guitars, was walking to work this am, when Tool - Swamp Song came on, first time I've heard them on the ipod, it was bloody fantastic...made me feel good anyway
--
bombholio
- Deleted User Account - 15:18 24/08/06
-
Re: Back to School Bruce Ure - 10:31 24/08/06
Hey congrats mate! I'm so glad you've sorted something so quick.

I went to Portsmouth Uni.

Well, when I say 'went' I mean 'was supposed to go occasionally'.

--

Re: Back to School David Crowson - 10:32 24/08/06
me too, but back then it was a Poly.....

As for a job for life, that'd be nice, but the contract says a month ;-p
--
bombholio

Re: Back to School David Crowson - 11:56 24/08/06
So I went out to celebrate last night....

Left the Aussie bar at 1pm,walked down Rosenheimer S-bahn and up the other side (to save crossing the road) and just as I was about to turn the corner the barman shouted from across the street 'Oi Dave, I've missed me last train, next one is 3 hours, fancy a nightcap' So off we went back to the Aussie pub, unlocked it and had several hours more drinking (and watching UK TV:)

Love this town....but not my head today , lol.
--
bombholio

Re: Back to School David Crowson - 02:17 25/08/06
so someone (bluedave) announced it was my leaving do on toytown, and try as hard as I could I was not allowed to pay for any alchohol or food tonight and actually left the bar , fed and pisssed and 50 euros up on the deal....now that's what I call a local..

To be honest the people, expats, english, aussies , welsh , americans,mexicans, canadians , even germans etc here have been bloody fabulous.....I _will_ be making this town my base from now on..it's the best of Europe and then some....

right , I've half a packet of tobacco, it's dark, I'm wearing sunglasses, I have 900 miles to ride.... :)

--
bombholio

Re: Back to School Gordon Hundley - 22:25 24/08/06
Signe says you should get a house in Port Solent. We'll come and live with you. :)

--
DrGoon

Re: Back to School David Crowson - 02:20 25/08/06
m8, if that's what it takes to get you guys back, and get some decent coffee brewing (I so miss Signe's coffee), consider it done....I may be in Munich however ;-p
--
bombholio
Re: Back to School Bruce Ure - 17:05 30/08/06
How's it going, dude? Good to be back?

--

Re: Back to School David Crowson - 08:59 31/08/06
weird, in a good way, but I've got a stinking cold, (stress-related I think cos of house problems) should be in bed, but thats contracting....

--
bombholio

Re: Back to School David Crowson - 13:34 31/08/06
It's very weird, when I was 16 I was told that i'd be the first person in our family to go to University (which put me off right away).

Now here I am, the first person to go to University in our family; OK, it's not to study, but it's a start ;-p

BTW they serve a lovely pint of Kings Ransom Gold from the Hampshire Brewery in the Old Vic across the road (a pub i hadn't set foot in in 20 yrs)

Dave, in nostalgic, having a second childhood mood :)

--
bombholio