Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

D-Day
by David Crowson at 17:26 10/04/06 (Blogs::Dave)
Well, I hit the beaches of Normandy sometime after 4am tomorrow on my Dakar machine and then its the big push on towards the Rhine and then Munich.....

I've sorted out somewhere to live, shame the prices double in June/July becuase of the World Cup,bloody football, sazzinfrazzinnancygame, but you can't have everything....

750 miles on a 100 mile comfortable bike, Gee, I can't wait ;-p

--
bombholio
<< Got a Dog ? The Great Escape >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
D-Day David Crowson - 17:26 10/04/06
- Deleted User Account - 17:30 10/04/06
-
Re: D-Day David Crowson - 18:15 10/04/06
Cheers , I'll take all the luck anyone has to offer, I've a feeling I might need it :-/

--
bombholio

Re: D-Day Bruce Ure - 19:10 10/04/06
Best of luck, mate! Sorry I couldn't be more helpful this time.

--

Re: D-Day David Crowson - 14:16 11/04/06
Invasion postponed by a day due to bad weather...

How about that for 62 yr old deja vu :)

--
bombholio

Re: D-Day David Crowson - 09:37 13/04/06
Well, that was a journey and a half.
I left home at 2.30am to catch the 5.30am chunnel, was just south of Brussels at 10.30am when the chain detonated..after getting recovered to a local garage (and sleeping on their floor for a hour while they had lunch:) I was on my way again , only 337 Euros poorer (237 for the recovery, b'tards) , by 2.30pm....rode through snow, hail, ice, rain and sunshine finally arriving in Munich at midnight.

The biggest suprise though, is that the DR is a _better_ long distance machine than the tiger, I didn't have a single ache after getting off the thing. (Although I was frozen to the core, but hey). Amazing.

--
bombholio

Re: D-Day David Crowson - 15:27 16/04/06
So I go to work thurs, and am told to remove my suit (so as to fit in with the locals:) also I'm given an old HP laptop to use until they can order me a new one :):)

Then I'm told friday and monday are holidays (who knew it was Easter, ahem:)

So I tool off south friday morning, 'doing a Steve McQueen' (the Great Escape was filmed in this region), 30 mins later I'm at the Austrian border and well into the Alps...nice...a spot of lucnh by the Bad Weisensee and off home again.

Been relaxing yesterday and today and tomorrow I think I'll pop over to Czechoslovakia for lunch...

Oh, and contrary to what mnay people believe the Bayern people are friendlier than a friendly thing...I could get to like this place a lot.....

--
bombholio

Re: D-Day Simon - 16:58 16/04/06
Excellent!

:-)
--
simon

- Deleted User Account - 16:40 18/04/06
-
Re: D-Day David Crowson - 17:14 18/04/06
in fact it's so friendly here, people leave the keys in their cars and leave them unlocked !!

There was a lovely 7 series BMW outside work today for several hours with the keys in, boy was I tempted ;-p

There seems to be an huge expat community here too...see Toy Town

Might go to the David Morales gig on Sat..

PS I don't get a logon at work for another 6 weeks or so, so it's 8 hours a day of paid websurfing...such a hard life ;-p

PPS Never made it to Czech over the weekend, instead I spent my time watching the first 5 series of 'Trailer Park Boys', cracking entertainment....

--
bombholio

Re: D-Day David Crowson - 23:37 18/04/06
uh-oh , went for my first drinkypoo with the toytowners , met some very interesting people, including, amongst others , an American NASA technician...this place is like Luxembourg, only bigger....

Be afraid, be very afraid....curry night Weds... :-0

--
bombholio