Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Clouds
by David Crowson at 13:58 26/01/06 (Blogs::Dave)
It appears as though my constant taking pictures of clouds isn't unique to me (thank goodness)

These chaps have just won an award for their site...

--
bombholio
<< Winter Warmer Have suit Will Travel >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
Clouds David Crowson - 13:58 26/01/06
Re: Clouds Simon - 14:47 26/01/06
Nice!

I've got some sunset pics from hols to post when I get a moment.
--
simon

Re: Clouds David Crowson - 19:26 26/01/06
you back yet then ?

it's quite balmy here , ahem, the temp. has risen a few degrees in the last few days but at least the sun is out (but sooo far away:)
Brrr.

and it appears I'm a charity worker, bugger all monies incoming yet....

Dutch Lessons are coming on a treat, and I've just finished reading
'The End of Oil' by Paul Robson
(a book that mentions a chap called Colin Campbell, the guy who hired me at Amoco)

Currently reading the Pulitzer prize wininng book
'Ghost Wars - A Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan and Bin Laden, From the Soviet Invasion to Sept 10, 2001' by Steve Coll, which also seems to be a good read.

oh, and reconstructing my Itunes library, once again, bloodysassinfrassinituneslosingmylibraryevery timeibreathonitrubbishsoftware...

Did you have a good time apart from the trip we won't mention :( ?

--
bombholio

Re: Clouds Simon - 19:58 26/01/06
Yup, we're back - and we had an excellent time even though we missed the launch. Fort Myers was the hottest place in the US while we were there - 83°F some days.

There's a serious building boom going on in FL right now - new condos and communities springing up daily, and land prices are going through the roof.

Considering that this is all on a piece of land that's mostly about 16ft above mean sea level, I think they're pretty brave!

$35 x 106 for a 10,000 sq ft house with 120ft mooring in the Port Royal area of Naples' riverfront. And if that's not big enough, people are buying two existing houses next to each other, bulldozing them and building even bigger houses on the space.

More over in my blog, later on.
--
simon

Attachments...
JPG image (130 K) Want a bigger house? Why not buy your neighbour's and bulldoze it flat?
Re: Clouds David Crowson - 18:07 27/01/06
-- and it appears I'm a charity worker, bugger all monies incoming yet....

update: Woohoo, I've been paid for the first week...

unfortunately into someone elses bank account.

Ugh.....

--
bombholio

Re: Clouds David Crowson - 08:36 30/01/06
and then finally into mine...

Phew....
--
bombholio