Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Are the gods trying to tell me something
by David Crowson at 09:05 31/03/05 (Blogs::Dave)
Not a good start to the couriering lark, did a week and half, crashed the tiger whilst parking, then on my recovery day the next day slipped a disk, 2 weeks off work, now back to work on tues, then yesterday it was so wet the gps decided to blow up....

Arggggggghhhhh

off to Romsey to beg Garmin to fix it....

--
bombholio
<< I don't believe it... Go Pikey Go.... >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
Are the gods trying to tell me something David Crowson - 09:05 31/03/05
Re: Are the gods trying to tell me something David Crowson - 12:19 31/03/05
Wow, back from Romsey and I'm totally gobsmacked...

My GPS is 15 months past it's warranty yet Garmin have just given me a brand spanking new one for free.....

Are you listening Sony ....

--
bombholio

Re: Are the gods trying to tell me something Simon - 13:53 31/03/05
They're good, Garmin.

Had similar experience with them last September - turned our GPS on a day or so before we headed out for our hols in Wales and found its internal battery had gone, so it wasn't retaining any information about anything ("Satellites? What satellites?").

Rang Garmin, explained the situation, drove down to Romsey and they also gave me a replacement free of charge. Previously, they've sent us a replacement antenna in the post after ours got broken by accident. No fuss, no bother, they were happy to help.

Top customer service, and this thread deserves more visibility so I'm gonna slap it on the front page.
--
simon

Re: Are the gods trying to tell me something David Crowson - 19:44 31/03/05
indeed, quality company, quality products.

I'd also like to mention the free software and map update they gave me too, which would normally cost 90 ukp....

Big Thanks to Phil Elliot, the polite and friendly techie that sorted it all, that lad will go far....

no sooner had I got back than I had to shoot off to Bath, and I must say the new software (and colours on the gps) are a vast improvement on the old ones....

PS If I ever get some spare money I _will_ be buying shares in Garmin....

--
bombholio