Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Now I know they're
by David Crowson at 17:04 23/02/05 (Blogs::Dave)
teasing me.

I've just been offered my old job back in Curacao......destiny,destiny, there's no escaping it for me :)

--
bombholio
<< May his last Journey I feel sick >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
Now I know they're David Crowson - 17:04 23/02/05
Re: Now I know they're David Crowson - 18:19 24/02/05
just had the interview, and for some strange reason I feel very nervous......

--
bombholio

Re: Now I know they're David Crowson - 19:13 24/02/05
giggle, I've just remebered that time after I'd walked off that I came back unexpected and unannounced and we made pretend that Simon was the only person who could see me

:)

The whole thing is a bit surreal really....just like then...

--
bombholio

Re: Now I know they're Simon - 20:13 24/02/05
What makes you think you're not a figment of my imagination?

:)
--
simon

Re: Now I know they're David Crowson - 20:18 24/02/05
and what makes you think I actually came back the first time :-0

Welcome to the worlds longest circular argument ever :)

--
bombholio

Re: Now I know they're David Crowson - 18:08 02/03/05
and what makes me think they're not even going to offer me my job back this time......

oh yeah, 4 days of no phone calls. Pah, I should have known better, they didn't pay me for the last time.....

I should have taken things as less of an omen...I had thought the job was def. mine espcially after accidently ripping a hole in my somewhat thinning 10 yr old curacao bath towel not 5 mins before the first call. I guess all the juju is now gone :(

and sod couriering in this weather (not that point 2 point are even there any more , cos they're not :(

--
bombholio

Re: Now I know they're Bruce Ure - 22:35 02/03/05
Commiserations Dave. I hope a contract comes your way soon.

Looks like I'll be an ex-contractor myself come the end of the month.

:bu:

Re: Now I know they're David Crowson - 10:42 03/03/05
having said that the phones gone mad today, but I'm thinking of giving up to go fulltime bike riding with these people....check out the demo, very very cool, wish I'd thought of that.......

--
bombholio

Re: Now I know they're Bruce Ure - 11:16 03/03/05
Now that *is* impressive.

Full time summer I could handle (I did, for a summer) but winter... not me mate.

Good luck if you do, though.

Re: Now I know they're David Crowson - 11:37 03/03/05
indeed, cool military-spec gps tracking, and from the riders point of view, no pissing about with radios/phones, just a touch screen pda which I guess can be bar mounted.....

and summer is coming (which means less jobs as more people do it)
not that bad weather really bothers me (I was out in the snow yesterday and the day before)

PS when you coming round, got some stuff for ya, some stories to tell that aren't printable :) and a surprise, who knows I might even find a fiver to sponsor you with...BTW how's that going ?

--
bombholio

Re: Now I know they're David Crowson - 15:22 03/03/05
>after accidently ripping a hole in my somewhat thinning 10 yr old curacao bath towel

Still, can't be a hoopy frood forever I guess ;-p
--
bombholio

Re: Now I know they're David Crowson - 14:37 09/03/05
>not that point 2 point are even there any more , cos they're not :(

Duh, silly billy, that's becuase they've moved to a new building across town, which is listed in the phone book (which I only unwrapped today)......the old technologies are the best ;-p

Right, I'm off to get a job, i hope.....

--
bombholio

Re: Now I know they're David Crowson - 16:39 09/03/05
Success, they remembered me and gave me the job back on the spot.

Strange, but I've never been called a 'professional motorcylce rider' before, but I was by none other than Colin Schiller himself (founder of Fast Bikes magazine and co-founder of Point 2 Point)

I feel right chuffed; Ok so I'm not Rossi, but I'm 'in the club' so to speak :)

I start monday. Phew.

--
bombholio

Re: Now I know they're Bruce Ure - 16:53 09/03/05
Nice one Dave!

Be careful out there... :)

Re: Now I know they're David Crowson - 17:02 09/03/05
cheers dears....

PS do you still want this TV, if so give us a ring and I'll pop up with it at your convenience...

--
bombholio

Re: Now I know they're Bruce Ure - 14:45 10/03/05
Yes please, I am TV-less!

Re: Now I know they're David Crowson - 15:04 10/03/05
awaiting ring then :)

I'll bring that other eqpt too, if that's needed.
--
bombholio

Re: Now I know they're David Crowson - 17:21 09/03/05
not 5 mins later the agent that offered me the curacao job (and then failed to phone back) phoned back about another job, no mention of the cucracao one, needless to say my spleeen is now fully vented :)

--
bombholio

Re: Now I know they're Simon - 14:52 10/03/05
Yay!

So it's back to sitting at home waiting for them to call you to go out on the next job?

Niiiiiice :)
--
simon

Re: Now I know they're David Crowson - 15:08 10/03/05
not this time, i'm based over at the staines office.

I'm their only biker,well, english speaking biker, they have 2 one who doesn't speak english (can't imagine how he gets the job done) and one who is off the road atm. So I could be on to a [delboy speak]nice little earner[db speak] for a change :)

So it'll be sat in an industrial estate by thorpe park until...

:-/

--
bombholio