Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Quick Enough?
by David Crowson at 12:25 21/08/04 (Blogs::Dave)
I think the two games machines I've now got are adequate

music_box is a laptop and GameBomb is a PC. :)

--
bombholio
<< Chasing Storm Shadows Discovering the Secrets of the... >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
Quick Enough? David Crowson - 12:25 21/08/04
Re: Quick Enough? Gordon Hundley - 18:08 23/08/04
What did you buy? Oh, and that - I haven't run S@h for a long time, so I don't know how quick anything more modern than a PPC 604 is. I'd like to try one of these with 64bit Linux.
--
DrGoon
Re: Quick Enough? David Crowson - 18:43 23/08/04
I nearly went for the AMD64, but ended up getting a P4 3Ghz, with 2Gb RAM (50ukp per half GB) and a kick-ass graphics card...seems to do the trick....

So, you gonna rejoin the team then ?

--
bombholio

Re: Quick Enough? Gordon Hundley - 21:39 23/08/04
What was the graphics card?

I'll rejoin the team once I've reset my Demon password, so I can reset my S@h password, etc.
--
DrGoon

Re: Quick Enough? David Crowson - 23:59 23/08/04
radeon 9200 w. 256mb

There's better , but not without much more money.

Here' the full spec (it's the one on the left but with an extra 1.5Gb and a 17" TFT)

and bought less than a 1000 yards away from where you used to live :)

I would have got one these AMD jobbies, but they were out of stock and I'm impatient ;-p
--
bombholio

Re: Quick Enough? David Crowson - 12:03 24/08/04
but the BBC run their weather systems on a slightly better spec games machine. No wonder the weathers always wrong, I bet their techies are using them for Doom 3 ;-p

--
bombholio

Re: Quick Enough? Bruce Ure - 18:22 24/08/04
The current system takes between three and four hours to generate the graphics for a one minute, thirty-second broadcast.
Splutter!

Are they using ZX81s then?

:bu:

Re: Quick Enough? Gordon Hundley - 22:37 24/08/04
Am I remembering an older dynamic weather map? It didn't look like something I'd use Maya or Lightwave for last time I saw it.
--
DrGoon