Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Sorry, this message is not available
<< Virgin/BT privacy/security Today's IWITOT >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
(hidden) Datashit [I've hidden this thread cos it's bollocks] Bruce Ure - 22:37 24/04/12
- Deleted User Account - 22:42 24/04/12
-
Re: Datashit Bruce Ure - 22:52 24/04/12
Yeah that's what I thought, but of course, you're gonna trust the datasheet aren't you! Grrrrr.

It's a fab project by the way.. I think you'd love it... a hideously bright LED that came out of that Casio projector from which all the blue laser diodes (24) were harvested for other projects. This single LED can be driven at ~9A and drops ~2.5 volts... that's what, ~22 watts!! I think it's the reddest red thing I've ever seen... it's unbelieeeeeevably red!

And of course, it's crying out to be built in to an old Maglite chassis... <evil grin>

--

- Deleted User Account - 22:56 24/04/12
-
Re: Datashit Bruce Ure - 22:59 24/04/12
lol, but of course :) It's not a laser, note.. but still... it's not overly pleasant to look at.

--

- Deleted User Account - 23:01 24/04/12
-
Re: Datashit Bruce Ure - 23:03 24/04/12
Should I email them?

--

- Deleted User Account - 23:10 24/04/12
-
Re: Datashit Bruce Ure - 00:33 25/04/12
Actually the more I look at this the more confusing it seems to be becoming. This data sheet, for the LM138/338, has the same pinout as the LD1084V one. They can't BOTH be wrong. But how come the LD doesn't work as a constant current source unless I wire it not per the given pinout?

Totally confused.

--