Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Dave's Blog
RSS Feed Available
Fully Charged
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 12:27 03/06/05 | Comments: 6
My Ipod replacement battery arrived this morning, so I duly cracked the Ipod and fitted it....it's soooo tiny in there it's almost art...pics on the website soon..(now that I've actually remembered what the ftp password is.;-p

and having replaced the Audiodream under warranty last week I am now fully stoked in the mobile music dept :)

PS Got an interview for a permie job on Monday (with a co. that's only 5 mins away, fingees, toes, legs and arms crossed :)

Douglas Adams would spin in his grave.
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 22:39 22/05/05 | Comments: 4
Save money by not going to see THHGTTG ,
what a total abomination, totally misses the whole point.
They've turned it into a love story, ick......
Hey Simon
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 11:12 16/05/05
FYI:
Maroon 5 are playing the Hammersmith Apollo on 18th Aug : 0870 606 3400
Zoom into Earth from anywhere
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 16:32 11/05/05 | Comments: 16
http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/index.html

(It's 180Mb mind)

Chuffed
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 21:04 20/04/05
being a complete cabbage at mechanics (and most things practical)
I was quietly pleased to sucessfully change both sets of front brake pads
on my Tiger today without any problems in 30 mins.

Having the right tools and knowledge is 80% of the work...

For my next trick...I shall tile the bathroom :)

Peak Oil is no longer the answer
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 01:19 16/04/05 | Comments: 1
and it seems to be in decline now

which is worrying if you read this article
Why our Food is so Dependant on Oil

and it echoes the writings of Jack Herer in
his book The Emporer Wears No Clothes
which is also an excellent read and offers solutions
not only to the oil problem but to global warming and a lot of
other problems we are encountering in the world right now.

I have never
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 20:11 14/04/05 | Comments: 1
had such a good physique as now (even better than my national volleyball champion days).

But it's not surprising....today for example was a huge physical effort... muscling a 300lb bike in and out of traffic for 350 London miles in a mere 11 hours with no breaks (no drinks, no food, no stops unless to collect or deliver)....and getting a right drenching and hailing on the way home....

Good job I'm off for an interview at a TV company tomorrow :)

Go Pikey Go....
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 21:34 05/04/05 | Comments: 4
After 7000 miles of southern ocean racing against the wind and tides it looks like Ben is going to be 2nd or 3rd (he's on Stelmar) (there's only 4 miles between the first 3 boats)

see here

Are the gods trying to tell me something
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 09:05 31/03/05 | Comments: 3
Not a good start to the couriering lark, did a week and half, crashed the tiger whilst parking, then on my recovery day the next day slipped a disk, 2 weeks off work, now back to work on tues, then yesterday it was so wet the gps decided to blow up....

Arggggggghhhhh

off to Romsey to beg Garmin to fix it....

I don't believe it...
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 23:26 25/03/05
Time to find a 3rd career :(

idiot govt.

Most of my current work is taking supplies and samples from hospitals outside london to those inside , this measure will kill my 2nd career dead.

Bruce,
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 14:09 18/03/05 | Comments: 5
You've been spotted.....

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=74&t=163814

Day 3 Bike 2
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 19:04 16/03/05
As bike 1 is shagged I took bike 2 out, and managed to fall off it at 0mph (stalled it whilst mounting a pavement to park) right outside St.Barts Hospital, which was handy as I managed to give myself a slight gouge in the back of my knee....ouch.

Embarassment factor 10 :)

Day 2
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 16:32 15/03/05 | Comments: 4
Well, day one had a movie studio, day 2 started with a delivery to Brad Pitt :)

Then the brakes failed coming out of London... :(

Silly me
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 18:09 14/03/05
There I was thinking I'd have a fairly quiet start to the day, but no...first job at 8:05 and then 9 hours solid riding (that's about 200 London miles), no breaks, no food, no cups of tea, just across London about 6 times, deliveries to 4 hospitals, one from a well-known razor manufacturer (I liked them so much I deliverded their package:) , a pub and a brewery and the highlight of the day, a visit inside Shepperton Studios, it's like a bees nest in there all manner of weird and wondeful things, just like in the movies :)

I even bunked off for the last hour cos I was just too tired to control the bike anymore...tomorrow it'll the full 10 hours :-0

Right bath-soaky time, before I seize up completely.....

Never a mac.....
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 17:14 11/03/05 | Comments: 7
After watching Bruce's efforts on his new laptop at copying gobs loads of data onto it and it consistently crashing....hmmmm

See the spinning beachball of death, watch in horror as it turns into the sensitive pointer of nothingnesss ...

How you mac lovers ever get any work done is beyond me :)

I feel sick
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 15:20 10/03/05
just sold the blackbird for a paltry 2500 :(

Bloke is coming round sat...

Now I know they're
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 17:04 23/02/05 | Comments: 19
teasing me.

I've just been offered my old job back in Curacao......destiny,destiny, there's no escaping it for me :)

That was fun
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 14:30 21/02/05 | Comments: 2
not......having just spent the last 3 days and nights in the dark, due to photophobic conjunctivitis in my left eye.....

No TV, No computers, No lights. Severe boredom.

Lovely....

Outrageous fine
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 11:28 18/02/05
for such a small library

I find it laughable that the headline screams 'Massive illegal cache', but 2000 mp3's doesn't even make him an average internet blagger....

and breath....
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 12:02 03/02/05 | Comments: 3
to counter all that negativity, here is something completely different.....

ahhhhh, that's better....

Sony are stupid
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 11:09 03/02/05 | Comments: 3
as they got someone to phone me up today to see how satisfied I was at being charged 600 ukp to fix my laptop that's still under warranty...

Needless to say I feel sorry for the poor bastard at the other end of the phone who had to endure a half hour rant on my part....

After the tirade he said,
"Shall I pass it onto a manager", too bloody right mate.....

Out with the Cast-iron
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 18:43 31/01/05
bath and in with the spangly new fibreglass one that smells exactly like a new TVR :)

Anyone wanna second hand bath that needs re-enamalling and weighs as much as the moon ?

For the rest of the day and most of this evening I shall mostly be soaking in the new tub....lovely...

Sony breaks lightspeed
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 16:23 26/01/05
Got a call from Sony (in the south of france, where their repair centre is) today to say they'd messed up the cc payment and could I re-authorise it so they could go ahead and fix the laptop and get it sent back to me, sure I said....

90 mins later the doorbell rings, it's the DHL man with my fixed laptop...

:-o

Scary.....

A breakthrough in longevity ?
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 09:17 24/01/05 | Comments: 3
seen on planetrecruit.com......

* Senior Operations Engineer (Days) *

Senior Operations Engineer (Days) to provide a high standard of technical support and customer service to corporate customers, support Unix, Windows and hosted products, and act as the Technical Authority to the support team in this pan-European ISP. You must have at least part-completed MCSE 2003; have 305+ years support experience in a support role in an ISP; and have worked with customer servers and load balancers.
London-East - - c.£40K + benefits - added Sun Jan 23 22:40:03 2005

:-o

A Great Loss
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 15:50 11/01/05
our thoughts are with his family...

As reported today on

http://www.dakar.com/2005/us/index.html

"DAKAR OFFICIAL RELEASE

DEATH OF FABRIZIO MEONI
It is with huge sadness that the rally was informed this morning of the death of Fabrizio MEONI (n°4), one of the greatest rally-raid champions ever, after a crash just after CP1, at km 184, at 10h15 (GMT) during stage 12 between Atar and Kiffa.

A medical helicopter of the organisation was immediately sent on the scene of the accident at 10h36 (GMT) and the doctors treated the champion for 45 minutes.

However, the two-time Dakar winner, aged of 47 years, died of his injuries at 11h11 (GMT).

Fabrizio MEONI, a huge figure of the rally, was 2nd overall in the bike standings, behind Cyril Despres and was competing on the race for the 13th time.

His body was taken to Atar.

The entire Dakar caravan wishes to express its sincere condolences to his family, his friends and his
many admirers."

* Note , our thoughs are also with José Manuel Perez's family, another Dakar biker who died yesterday....

Gotta love techonology
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 17:11 07/01/05 | Comments: 1
I've been informed by Ian that as he's now set up a streaming media player for the pub he and Nina run so he can broadcast my radio station straight to the pub speakers.
(not to mention the free wireless connection they've got in there)

I might have to take up drinking again :-p

Someones been
David Crowson [Blogs::Dave] 15:52 07/01/05
playing too much GTA San Andreas ?

:)

< Previous 35 | First 35 | Next 35 >