Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: Section 44 arrest in Chatham High Street
by Bruce Ure at 18:54 15/07/09 (Blogs::Bruce)
I wondered if it might. I think the 'too tall' angle is misleading, actually. He was arrested because he took a photo of a police officer and she felt it was "obstructive", at least that's what she said as she arrested him.

But later she said she'd arrested him because she'd felt intimidated. So which is it?

And what do either of those things have to do with Section 44?

I think he just pissed her off and she thought she'd put the frighteners on him.

Also, they searched his feet/shoes, which is illegal in the street AIUI.

And the only reason he declined to give details in the first place was because the dog-turd inspectors couldn't tell him under what authority they were asking.

I mean, FFS:

"Can I have your name please?"

"On what grounds are you asking me?"

"I don't know."

Correct answer should have been, "Well sir, I'm empowered by the police to ask people for their details when their dog shits on the pavement or they drop some litter, and I thought I'd extend my remit somewhat, of my own accord, to someone taking photos."

Utterly ludicrous behaviour.

--

<< Drobo Pro Science vs Faith >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Section 44 arrest in Chatham H... Bruce Ure - 12/07
    Re: Section 44 arrest in Chath... Simon - 12/07
       Re: Section 44 arrest in Chath... Simon - 15/07
          Re: Section 44 arrest in Chath... Bruce Ure - 15/07
    Re: Section 44 arrest in Chath... David Crowson - 18/07
       Re: Section 44 arrest in Chath... Bruce Ure - 18/07