Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: Mac Pro crashes
by Bruce Ure at 13:20 22/02/07 (Blogs::Bruce)
That was the mini -- which was reinstated to a Mini because the whole thing was too physically fragile, and I acquired the Pro so the need went away.

The RAM came from funkygiraffe on eBay, he has 99.4% / 6,371 and there's no doubt it's genuine RAM.

The only ways in which the Pro is fucked about are: the swapping of the standard system disc for a 10kRPM one; the addition of 3 extra 500gig drives; the addition of 3 gigs of RAM.

The RAM booted fine first time. It always boots, but quite often goes straight into the GCOD after restarting. Usually the GCOD is caused by Parallels.

One of the memory modules gets marginally hotter than the other, but it would almost be strange if it didn't. It's slightly concerningly hot (80 Celsius) but Kingston's web site doesn't provide any temperature specs, unbelievably.

I'll check the console logs, once I work out how ;-)

But... software related?? I thought modern operating systems were supposed to be resilient to such things.

--

<< Basic phones My namesake in Texas >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Mac Pro crashes Bruce Ure - 22/02
    - Deleted User Account - 22/02
    Re: Mac Pro crashes Simon - 22/02
       Re: Mac Pro crashes Bruce Ure - 22/02
             Re: Mac Pro crashes Bruce Ure - 22/02