Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

1and1 just made my shitlist
by Bruce Ure at 10:09 02/11/06 (Blogs::Bruce)
For the second time in 3 months the idiots at OneAndOne, my rackspace providers, have reset the DNS on my ure.org.uk domain to its default (wrong) setting, and then denied all knowledge of it, insisting that someone must have logged in to my account and so I ought to change my password with all speed.
Yeah, cos if you were going to hack what amounts to someone unknown person's blog server you'd definitely go in, change a single DNS setting, and then log off. What a laugh that would be.

The first time, when I asked them for logs showing access to my account on their DNS system they suddenly changed their minds and begrudgingly accepted responsibility, and I got an apology and an assurance that they were going to put measures in place to ensure it didn't happen again, etc, etc. Yeah, right.

Currently I await a reply to my email beginning "NO!" and drawing attention to the email exchange of 3 months ago. We shall see what transpires.

Time to find a new host, I think.

--

<< View other people's security c... Ostrich by Post >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
1and1 just made my shitlist Bruce Ure - 2/11
    Re: 1and1 just made my shitlis... Bruce Ure - 8/11
       Re: 1and1 just made my shitlis... Simon - 8/11
    Re: 1and1 just made my shitlis... Steve - 8/11
       Re: 1and1 just made my shitlis... Bruce Ure - 8/11
          Re: 1and1 just made my shitlis... Steve - 8/11