Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: Lightroom: image workflow comes of age
by Gordon Hundley at 17:47 14/06/06 (Blogs::Bruce)
I'll give the new beta a try at some point, and I fully expect to use it when its released. Aperture is fantasic however, and in the latest version I like its default handling of Nikon RAW better than CS2. I think you're right that Apple are going to get crushed, but I think you've got the wrong reason. Lack of support for motherboard integrated graphics cards really isn't going to be the thing that turns serious photogrpahers away from Aperture.

However, Apple are currenty trying to own the whole process. There's little chance that a third party can build a supported plug-in, there's no chance that somebody can gain access to the RAW transformations outside the application. Adobe are making their process more open, and as with Photoshop, that's what is going to attract power users. Once you've applied a RAW transformation to all or many photos, other plug-ins or applications can work with the photos easily.
--
DrGoon

<< This is amazing That's better >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Lightroom: image workflow come... Bruce Ure - 14/06
    Re: Lightroom: image workflow ... Gordon Hundley - 14/06
       Re: Lightroom: image workflow ... Bruce Ure - 15/06
          Re: Lightroom: image workflow ... Gordon Hundley - 15/06
             Re: Lightroom: image workflow ... Bruce Ure - 16/06
                Re: Lightroom: image workflow ... Gordon Hundley - 16/06
    Re: Lightroom: image workflow ... Bruce Ure - 29/11