Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Linda Smith dies
by Bruce Ure at 12:20 03/03/06 (Blogs::Bruce)
I'm a bit behind on the news and only just heard that the wonderful Linda Smith has died of ovarian cancer, on Feb 27th, aged 48.

"I don't want to give them the oxygen of publicity. I don't even want to give them the oxygen of oxygen." (on the Hamiltons).

And from her obituary at http://news.independent.co.uk/people/obituaries/article348378.ece:

"She was brought up in Erith, a town by the Thames where Kent edges towards London, which she said 'isn't twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham'. This was a comment that attracted the wrath of her local paper, but she defended herself by pointing out that the same paper ran a competition the following week to come up with the best name for the new Erith leisure centre, which was won by the entry 'The Erith Leisure Centre'."

A very sad loss indeed.

--

<< Kill me. Kill me now. Power stilts >>
Printer Version