Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: iSight Astronomy
by Gordon Hundley at 04:16 02/03/06 (Blogs::Simon)
I tried eyepiece projection with my Minolta, but even using a ScopeTronix Digi-T zero-length adapter, I got excessive vignetting. I just bought a nice little compact digital, but it doesn't have a filter thread on the lens barrel, so I'll have to order up an EZ-Pix to hold it steady.

On the other hand, it does movies for as long as there's room on the SD card, so with 1GB, I can do around an hour of shooting, so something ought to pass by the eyepiece eventually if I hold it in roughly the right place.

Apparently the new Philips SPC900NC uses the same sensor as the older ToUCam. Problem is that the thread is deeper inside the camera, so new mounts are needed:

Analysis of the camera from an astrocam perspective.

I intend to look into this bracket that Nikon makes for my new P1 camera. If it can be mated to a Meade Plossl, it'll rock. Hopefully I can find a local camera dealer that will let me look at the thing to determine suitability.

--
DrGoon

<< Amenemipt cubit rod ToUCam Astronomy >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
iSight Astronomy There is an attachment here Simon - 28/02
    Re: iSight Astronomy Bruce Ure - 28/02
    Re: iSight Astronomy Gordon Hundley - 28/02
       Re: iSight Astronomy Simon - 1/03
          Re: iSight Astronomy Gordon Hundley - 2/03
             Re: iSight Astronomy Simon - 2/03
                Re: iSight Astronomy Simon - 2/03
                Re: iSight Astronomy Gordon Hundley - 2/03