Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Akira Motorcycle Anyone
by Nic Jackson at 10:15 05/04/04 (Blogs::Nic)
I want one, i want one, i want one
The following is taken from a posting on slashdot. Most is in Japanese, but you should get the idea from the pictures.

Note: I dont think they had Daves riding style in mind when this thing was designed, i suspect it couldnt take the extreme lean angles of Pirbright bends.

News for nerds writes "At Tokyo Motorcycle Show in Japan (2/3/4 Apr.), the official licensed model of the motorcycle in the anime movie Akira (poster) is displayed.

This Kaneda bike is not a mere replica, but a full working model (more pics at ITmedia) with twin-steering system and 249-998cc water-cooled 4-cycle engine, and on its cockpit is DVD-navi-system + trackball & ten-key + custom computer-controlled LED meters - all licenced by the author and the publisher of Akira.

Though at the show only miniature figures are sold and real price or release date is unclear, you can check out the manufacturer's website for later info."

--
nic

<< Secure Access To Images Zombies and Popular Music >>
Printer Version