Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: Picasso's Guernica (Melvin E. Becraft)
by Mel Becraft at 13:46 15/03/04 (Forum::Picasso)

Picasso’s Guernica – Images within Images, 1983, 1986 is the lone book taking into account hidden imagery in Guernica.

Additional details about the disguised wings of Pegasus: one disguised wing is over his back nearly touching his tail, the other disguised wing is dead center in the painting at the base of the horse’s neck. This wing is of slightly different shape but its curvature is a mirror image of the curvature of the wing that nearly touches the horse’s tail. In a sense, the wings perform parenthetically bracketing the horse’s neck and head which extend upward from the wings.

Another aspect of the Pegasus myth in Guernica: The Spring of the Muses (my pages 1, 2, 3, 20) extends from the bent horseshoe at bottom to Pegasus’s belly and ends just under the big gash in Pegasus. Thus the Guernica women are the Muses (my page 20), the goddesses of the arts, who inspire painters, poets, writers, singers etc. Picasso was both painter and poet. Picasso shows that due to the horror at Guernica the goddesses of the arts are in disarray, are screaming and lamenting.

Please refer to my book for more Guernica details regarding other parts of the Pegasus myth such as Perseus (my page 1), his shield (my page 2), and the head of Medusa (my page 3). Simply search for my name and two or three clicks later my book will be downloaded for reading or printing. There is no cost.

The Fall of Phaeton myth is covered in my remarks dated March 9, 2004. I explained that the Hitler-Goering caricature at center in Guernica is metamorphosed from falling Phaeton in the Michelangelo sketch. The Sword of Damocles myth is also involved (my pages 2, 3, 43, 50, 51). In Guernica The Damoclean sword hangs above the Hitler-Goering caricature, a caricature of tyrants. In the Damoclean myth a huge sword hangs over the heads of tyrants.

My remarks of March 9, 2004 refer to Hitler and Goering in Guernica. You may also refer to my book for the hidden image of Mussolini (my pages 22 and 24), and for
the hidden images of Franco (my pages 25, 32, 35 and 48).

Melvin E. Becraft, author, date and © March 15, 2004

e-mail: mbecraft34@aol.com or mbecraft24@yahoo.com

<< unknown masterpiece Possible Picasso drawing >>
View Comments (Flat Mode)
Picasso's Guernica - Images wi... There is an attachment here Simon - 28/10
    Re: Picasso's Guernica (Melvin... Mel Becraft - 9/03
    Re: Picasso's Guernica (Melvin... Mel Becraft - 15/03
    Re: Picasso's Guernica (Melvin... Mel Becraft - 3/04
       Re: Picasso's Guernica (Melvin... Mel Becraft - 24/04
    Re: Picasso's Guernica (Melvin... Mel Becraft - 18/04
    Re: Picasso's Guernica (Melvin... Mel Becraft - 25/04
    Re: Picasso's Guernica (Melvin... Mel Becraft - 11/10