Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Richmond Park run
by Bruce Ure at 23:22 31/05/05 (Blogs::Bruce)
I took advantage of the superb weather this evening to convince myself not to back out of another commitment I made to go for a run.
Which is a long-winded way of saying I went for a run.

I drove to Richmond Park and parked outside the Ladderstile Ride gate (outside in case I didn't make it back before they closed the park). Got my various GPS gadgets ready (fave currently the Garmin Forerunner 301) and headed off.

This was the first run I've done since the Canterbury Half Marathon, so I took it easy, and was expecting a sort of 1h10 time (it's about 7.2 miles, so 1h12 total is 10:00 pace, 1h00 total would be an 8:20 pace).

I was pleased to find it was only just over 1h02, which means I now have a new target: get my Richmond Park time down to sub-one hour.

Hopefully this will keep me motivated to keep running. Not only are there all the long term benefits but it feels so incredibly good having simply got out there and sweated a bit. I am glowing.

:bu:

<< Half Man, Half Marathon 'Domain Regret' >>
Printer Version