From its introduction page, the Village Design Statement is intended for:
- the local planning authority making decisions that affect the character and design of the village
- developers and their architects and designers contemplating new buildings or village layout
- the Parish Council when assessing proposals and formulating comments on planning applications
- residents and local businesses thinking about alterations and extensions to existing buildings
- local community groups wanting to make provision for their interests
The Design Statement is for use in conjunction with the District Local Plan, and the intention is to update it as and when the situation requires it.