Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: Error message
by Bruce Ure at 14:04 14/09/04 (Blogs::Bruce)
I was just tickled by the error message... but since you;re here... :)

Yesterday a colleague tried installing the same Oracle client I've got on my machine, from the same installation medium (a network drive) onto the same NT standard build.

I scoffed as she described how it didn't work, and mocked as we ran the installation on both machines simultaneously to identify any differences. Afterwards I was a concentrated ball of confidence as I logged in... and got the same error message as her.

Since then, some four hours ago, I've developed this sore, bloody patch on my forehead.

I've got a TNSNAMES.ORA that has three entries that have always worked. It's the only tnsnames.ora on my path, indeed on my system. I've eliminated all evidence of Oracle from the hard drives and registry and installed it again. I've had an Oracle "expert" look at it remotely for over an hour before giving up. I've sacrificed a virgin and three sheep. And still I get that 12154 error.

Ugh.

:bu:

<< So I created this document, Axes >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Error message There is an attachment here Bruce Ure - 14/09
    Re: Error message David Crowson - 14/09
          Re: Error message Bruce Ure - 14/09
          Re: Error message Bruce Ure - 14/09