Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Re: Damn
by Hugo van der Sanden at 17:01 06/08/04 (Blogs::Dave)
I run at 1280x1000, but I'd love to get higher. Even with a 4x4 square of virtual windows, I just gotta pack in more xterms, and I could certainly stand to have the letters a bit smaller without squinting too much.

I think programmers need to solve very similar problems to chip designers, in that what you can fit in the local cache (ie the active bits of the brain) is limited, so you want layers of larger caches to minimise the time required to get each bit of information. The next layer is those windows physically open in front of you, the one after that is the windows just a keystroke ("click" for Windows/Mac users) away. And I guess the one after that is the shell that lets you specify and open up a file that doesn't have an edit session open yet.

The layer of "windows open in front of me" is the one with quickest access time, and the bigger I can make that the better.

Hugo

<< In Car Ipod again Radio Caroline eat yuor heart ... >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Damn David Crowson - 6/08
    Re: Damn Bruce Ure - 6/08
       Re: Damn Simon - 6/08
             Re: Damn Simon - 6/08
                   Re: Damn Simon - 7/08
                      Re: Damn Bruce Ure - 8/08
                         Re: Damn Simon - 8/08