Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Industrial Blu-Tack equivalents
by Bruce Ure at 19:45 09/03/11 (Blogs::Bruce)
I googled for bulk quantities of Blu-Tack the other day, since my lumps of it it seem mysteriously to shrink overnight, and I found Pink-Tack.

Which was nice.

I ordered some but only because it was cheaper than the blue stuff (wonder why?)

Anyway in searching (hang in there, it gets even more interesting), I also found Black-Tack*, and ordered some, and it's bloody brilliant... it's like Blu-Tack on steroids. Really sticky, and really hard to pull apart. How have I never heard of or seen it?

So far so un-weird. But I took some of this Black-Tack to our new office building (yay office!) and it assisted in the affixing of the dartboard (yay office!) and generally was Useful.

I then (wait for it) peeled a plastic notice off the wall (FIRE EXIT or some such nonsense) and there was... Green-Tack. Yes GREEN TACK! And it is AT LEAST as sticky and industrial as the Black-Tack, only green.

What are the chances of that? I mean ok, heightened awareness says I'm susceptible to putty-like low-tack reusable adhesives at the moment (actually, who isn't?), but I've never even heard of Green-Tack, never seen it before, never likely to see it again, and in fact never even seen ANY putty-like low-tack reusable adhesives which are more industrial than Blu-Tack in my LIFE before, and here I discover BLACK-TACK and GREEN-TACK WITHIN JUST A FEW HOURS of one another.

I've got to sit down. Jeremy, fetch me a brandy.

--

* To the days when the nights were young

<< Not remotely useful Petrol powered jetpack, you sa... >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Industrial Blu-Tack equivalent... Bruce Ure - 9/03
    Re: Industrial Blu-Tack equiva... Simon - 9/03
    Re: Industrial Blu-Tack equiva... Steve - 9/03
       Re: Industrial Blu-Tack equiva... Bruce Ure - 9/03