Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Lost
by Bruce Ure at 14:20 10/07/07 (Blogs::Bruce)
I am excellent at losing things but I have surpassed myself this time.
Karl left us a multigym when he died, and for a while it lived with me at Simon's flat in Faversham, assembled, then disassembled, and it then returned with me to Dukes Avenue whereupon it lived in the disused shower in our downstairs bathroom.

Since then it's been round the corner to my flat for a year or so where it lived in the garage, disassembled, and most recently it moved back to the shower, but not before spending a couple of months in my broken-down 4x4 on the driveway. It's fair to say it's been around a bit.

About a fortnight ago I moved it from the 4x4 to our newly-extended shed, and over the weekend I started to assemble it. I got about half way through before it dawned on me and I stopped, motionless, mid-screw.

I've lost the weights.

How in HELL do you lose a dozen or so 5kg weights?

I'm going to have to try and improvise something, which looks 'challenging' at best. It's not that I'm short of heavy things, heaven knows, but the mechanics have to be just-so for the weights to slide freely up the retaining poles. Unless I remove the retaining poles, maybe...

--

<< Tom Cruise has been Cerne Abbas vs. Homer >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Lost Bruce Ure - 10/07
    - Deleted User Account - 10/07
       Re: Lost Bruce Ure - 10/07
          - Deleted User Account - 10/07
    Re: Lost Steve - 10/07
          Re: Lost Steve - 10/07