Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Lightroom: image workflow comes of age
by Bruce Ure at 11:20 14/06/06 (Blogs::Bruce)
Adobe's Lightroom is an excellent reason, if there were no others, to get a Mac.
At last, an image workflow processing system designed from the ground up to be exactly that, and even at beta 3 very usable and highly intuitive (much more so than many other Adobe offerings).

A more cynical individual than I might surmise that Adobe's unusual decision to write for Mac first and then follow up with a Windows version was a move designed to deliver Apple's own image management system Aperture a fatal blow before it even reaches adolescence.

With Apple's offering requiring a ludicrous hardware minimum of a gig of RAM and one of a fairly short list of 128 meg minimum NVIDIA and ATI graphics cards, it really doesn't stand a chance. I can't run it on my Mac Mini, for example.

All of which is something of a shame, as two competing products aimed at the same market might cause both to evolve quicker. I just can't see Apple holding their own against such a competent onslaught.

--

<< This is amazing That's better >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Lightroom: image workflow come... Bruce Ure - 14/06
    Re: Lightroom: image workflow ... Gordon Hundley - 14/06
       Re: Lightroom: image workflow ... Bruce Ure - 15/06
          Re: Lightroom: image workflow ... Gordon Hundley - 15/06
             Re: Lightroom: image workflow ... Bruce Ure - 16/06
                Re: Lightroom: image workflow ... Gordon Hundley - 16/06
    Re: Lightroom: image workflow ... Bruce Ure - 29/11