Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

The trouble with Bikes
by Bruce Ure at 12:11 09/03/06 (Blogs::Bruce)
So yesterday I put the Blackbird in to Tippetts for an MoT, prior to selling it to support my hi-fi and other habits. (It sailed through.)
I've not ridden it for about four months, and the tax ran out a couple of months ago. In the meantime I've managed to persuade myself that I can easily live without it; it's dangerous, insane, reckless, an extravagance, a luxury, and so on. Completely convinced. Never a thought to keeping it.

Yet even in the miniscule 2-mile journey to and from the MoT place, which is all that is allowed to me by law whilst the machine is untaxed, I fell back in love with it, and I'm now back to where I was about three months ago: wondering whether to sell it or not.

I think on balance I will sell, as I really do need the money for my top secret business venture, but riding it again has been an awakening to how dangerously easy it is to get back into bikes after a period of abstinence.

On the plus side, when I'm rich and famous (shouldn't be long now), I can buy as many GSXR1000s as I want.

--

<< Power stilts Desperation defined >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
The trouble with Bikes Bruce Ure - 9/03
    Re: The trouble with Bikes David Crowson - 9/03
    Re: The trouble with Bikes Gordon Hundley - 10/03
       Re: The trouble with Bikes Simon - 10/03