Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Macbook Pro - now with FM tuner!
by Bruce Ure at 03:04 27/02/11 (Blogs::Bruce)
I'm fairly sure this is a "bonus feature", since I've not seen it advertised anywhere.
While listening to music late at night, I noticed some sort of voice radio crosstalk coming out of the speakers very quietly. I put it down most likely to the length of the shielded cable between the Macbook and the power amp -- about 5m, of fairly shitty cable. So I changed the cable for a shorter, heavier-shielded one... no change, still crosstalk. So I plugged the cable in to another source -- an iPhone, as it goes. No crosstalk! Which means, definitively, that the radio interference/crosstalk is coming from within the Macbook.

You shouldn't use a headphone line/output from a laptop as an audiophile source, but even so, radio crosstalk is BAD.

--

<< Joystick Jenius Ubuntu >>
View Comments (Flat Mode) Printer Version
Macbook Pro - now with FM tune... Bruce Ure - 27/02
    - Deleted User Account - 28/02
       Re: Macbook Pro - now with FM ... Bruce Ure - 28/02