Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

A working djedankhra device
by Simon at 09:10 19/07/04 (Blogs::Simon)
http://www.perendev-power.com/My_Homepage_Files/Page4.html

(updated: URL change above)

Neat approach to solving the governor problem - maybe this one won't spin itself to destruction :-)

See also references to David Hamel, especially:

http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/hammnu.htm

... which shows the principles involved in Hamel's generator.
--
simon

<< Apple and BMW, Microsoft and .... This Land >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
A working djedankhra device Simon - 09:10 19/07/04
Re: A working djedankhra device Bruce Ure - 12:52 19/07/04
One has to wonder why they aren't going into production. Or are they?
Re: A working djedankhra device Simon - 13:05 19/07/04
They are - a German company is about to start producing them.
--
simon
Re: A working djedankhra device Bruce Ure - 13:35 19/07/04

Why isn't the world jumping up and down, then?

If what they intimate is true then this is just absolutely, mind-bogglingly huge, and it'll cause massive global shifts of power, huge political changes etc., at the very least, in the next decade or so.

The deafening silence surrounding it is a touch worrying. Where media? Hype? It all smells a bit like cold fusion.

I really *want* to believe...

Are there spec sheets for the products going into production? I can't see all that site from here because of paranoid security settings and dinosaur-age OS and browser.

Re: A working djedankhra device Simon - 14:08 19/07/04
1) You can't patent something that claims to be a perpetual motion device, because conventional thinking has it that such things are impossible.

2) Without a patent, you have no protection against someone stealing your invention.

... so therefore there will be no detailed specs available.

I have some doubts as to whether this is a perpetual motion device - and I suspect that instead it is just a clever magnetic motor. Without knowing what load can be drawn for what time, it's hard to calculate where the energy is being stored/generated in/from.

It may turn out, for instance, that you need oodles of power to energise your permanent magnets in the first place, and that when you do the sums it turns out just to be a very efficient 'transformer' and that magnets are equally efficient 'batteries'.

However, it may be just as likely that you don't need oodles of human-generated energy to energise your permanent magnets (perhaps you can use naturally occurring lodestones instead).

Whichever way up, when they're sold in Argos I'll be wanting one :-)
--
simon

Re: A working djedankhra device Bruce Ure - 14:38 19/07/04
[How do you do your clever quotey thing that puts a nice box round the quote?]

>... so therefore there will be no detailed specs available.

I only want power, phase, torque, weight (mass actually), heat and noise output, some other basic properties of portable motors/generators... nothing that a competitor could use. Just something to give me faith these things actually exist other than on paper.

> It may turn out, for instance, that you need oodles of power to energise your permanent magnets in the first place, and that when you do the sums it turns out just to be a very efficient 'transformer' and that magnets are equally efficient 'batteries'.

My money's on this; we discussed this before, ISTR. I'll definitely join you in the Argos queue though.

Re: A working djedankhra device Simon - 15:30 19/07/04
To quote, use the handy HTML tag:

<blockquote>...</blockquote>

I'll keep an eye out for anything approaching a spec.
--
simon

Re: A working djedankhra device Bruce Ure - 15:38 19/07/04

I'll keep an eye out for anything approaching a spec.

Cheers!