Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Solstice not only at Stonehenge, but all around the world
by Simon at 12:25 24/06/09 (Blogs::Simon)
The majority of the follow-up postings I've seen about the solstice at Stonehenge have been talking about the amount of litter left behind by the so-called "Neo-Pagans" and "Earth-Lovers".

Hmmm - I suspect the majority were plain old partygoers with not much concept of paganism or earth-loving. Even the "official" druid contingent had a hard time getting into the circle for the dawn ceremony, as it was packed with people. Next year, flaming swords wielded by Arthur's Loyal War Band might be the answer...

However, one link I've seen leads to a set of pictures of other solstice celebrations around the world, where things are handled rather better it seems.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/photos/2009/06/summer-solstice.html

... now that's what I call Solstice Celebrations.
--
simon

<< Summer Solstice 2009 One for Bruce >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
Solstice not only at Stonehenge, but all around the world Simon - 12:25 24/06/09
Re: Solstice not only at Stonehenge, but all around the world David Crowson - 18:14 24/06/09
Wow, those Russians don't mess around do they. Impressive.

--
DC

Re: Solstice not only at Stonehenge, but all around the world Simon - 19:44 24/06/09
Yeah, that's what I thought. I bet the rave crowd would get the hell out of the way of a bunch of those folks trying to get into the circle for a ceremony :-)
--
simon
- Deleted User Account - 00:22 25/06/09
-
Re: Solstice not only at Stonehenge, but all around the world Dominic Search - 04:22 25/06/09
Yah yah, 'tis the decadent West treating their powerful ancient ritual sites as mere entertainment for the capitalist masses... and anyway that Arthur Pendragon has gone soft... he has no appetite for the flaming heart of a sacrificial banker! ;-)

Actually this is partly the reason I didn't come in the end... 150 mile round trip to be in yet another field with yet another bunch of assorted munters... and so many having so little reverence for the deep mysteries that this place and time represent. For me, our private visit a few years ago was a much more fulfilling experience.

Oh, and also I had a bunch of urgent coding to finish and a large heap of plaster to strip from my walls & ceilings for Monday morning... I did however watch the sunrise, and thought good thoughts =)

Btw... fantastic shots on the sacbee site, thanks for highlighting.