Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Larkhill and Westdown Conservation Group
by Simon at 09:51 16/01/09 (Blogs::Simon)
The Army/MoD/Defence Estates has a statutory duty to run conservation groups which monitor, report and advise on the condition of military training areas, and the Salisbury Plain Training Area is no exception.

The successful Imber and Bulford Conservations Groups cover SPTA(West) and SPTA(East) respectively, and after two years being moribund the Larkhill and Westdown Conservation Group was resurrected last night to cover SPTA(Central).

I was privileged to be appointed as the archaeology subgroup leader for LWCG.

What I have to do is coordinate and report back on useful archaeological activity carried out by the conservation group volunteers in my subgroup. Luckily I'm going to have considerable help.

I suspect I'm going to suddenly acquire a whole lot more maps, reports and databases in one form or another... I really ought to get round to putting up some shelves in my office :-)
--
simon

<< Holographic Universe Clive Ruggles on the need to p... >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
Larkhill and Westdown Conservation Group Simon - 09:51 16/01/09
- Deleted User Account - 16:26 16/01/09
-