Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Is this as funny as it first seems?
by Simon at 17:25 30/05/08 (Blogs::Simon)
"Labour cash crisis could bankrupt party leaders"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2008/may/29/labour

See also:

http://www.shout99.com/contractors/showarticle.pl?id=51666

(you need to be logged in there to read the comments)

... and to answer my own question, yes, it's absolutely bloody hilarious in my view - right up until they try to get out of it by transferring the debt to a retrospectively-formed limited liability company.

--
simon

<< MRTG and SNMP and Timeout: No ... Seals can recognise constellat... >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
Is this as funny as it first seems? Simon - 17:25 30/05/08
Re: Is this as funny as it first seems? Dominic Search - 03:01 31/05/08
20 years ago I thought that the ruling classes really should be paying the populous for the privilege of governing them (instead of the other way round)... so now its seems I was right ;-)

--
thoth

Re: Is this as funny as it first seems? Dominic Search - 03:07 31/05/08
BTW, how's the weather been with you Simon? I was supposed to be photographing a music festival near Yoevil this weekend but it's currently under 2 feet of water as a result of Thursday's storm!

--
thoth

Re: Is this as funny as it first seems? Simon - 09:17 31/05/08
It's a beautiful day today, but the Sunrise festival suffered loads from the huge amount of rain the other day.

I'm expecting the Somerset levels to be returning to a swamp in the fairly near future - welcome back, the Isle of Avalon.

If you ever need crash space en route to one of these west country shindigs, let me know.

--
simon

Re: Is this as funny as it first seems? Dominic Search - 14:00 31/05/08
Yes it was Sunrise Celebration that I was supposed to be going to... real shame as the first two years were amongst the very best festivals I've ever been to, and something I think you'd enjoy also. Not too big (15-20K people), very good atmosphere, great mix of people music and activities, organised by superb community teams, very environmentally conscious, blah blah... See my photo gallery. For comparison, some other people's photos of the site taken on Friday after the storm: here, here, and here. Latest news, they are investigating the possibility of holding it again later this summer - that's the spirit ;-)

Re the Isle of Avalon... with current climatic charges in play this may indeed return. Perhaps in our life time we will get to see Silbury Hill once again surrounded by a lake...

And thanks for the offer of crash space :)