Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Funding Issues
by David Crowson at 14:28 25/07/06 (Blogs::Dave)
My arse....
--
bombholio
<< Multi-Valued Data Fields ..Spa... Climate Crisis >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
Funding Issues David Crowson - 14:28 25/07/06
Re: Funding Issues Simon - 14:43 25/07/06
uh-oh...
--
simon
Re: Funding Issues David Crowson - 14:43 25/07/06
indeed.
--
bombholio
- Deleted User Account - 15:35 25/07/06
-
Re: Funding Issues Bruce Ure - 15:40 25/07/06
Oh dear :( So when you back then?

--

- Deleted User Account - 15:45 25/07/06
-
Re: Funding Issues Bruce Ure - 16:03 25/07/06
What, you're putting the kettle on for when Dave's back, or Dave's putting the kettle on now?

--

- Deleted User Account - 23:04 25/07/06
-
Re: Funding Issues Bruce Ure - 23:07 25/07/06
Excellent. Stick some toast on for me, I'll be there around September 3rd.

--

Re: Funding Issues David Crowson - 16:16 25/07/06
end of August unless I can find another job here quickly (and I'd like to 'cos Munich is ace)
--
bombholio
Re: Funding Issues Bruce Ure - 16:18 25/07/06
Bummer.. well good luck, I know you've been enjoying it and you have seemed happy of late!

--

Re: Funding Issues David Crowson - 16:28 25/07/06
Cheers, you're not wrong, finally managed to get a life again, then this happens , argggh.

Still knowing HP, maybe they'll change their minds again next week, bloody useless managers.
--
bombholio

Re: Funding Issues David Crowson - 10:25 27/07/06
some details;

Got a phone call from my 'boss' in Houston on Mon.

Boss: 'We've reviewed our funding , blah, blah, and we need someone to leave. Can you finish on the 18th of Aug'
Me: 'I don't think so, my contract says at least a months notice'
Boss: 'OK, the 28th then'
Me: 'OK, but the notice must come from the agency and be in writing as per the contract'

several emails to the agency and him later specifying what I'd said and ....nothing, no paperwork, no replies....

So am I terminated or not, who knows.....

I did start looking for other contracts here in Munich and I have since discovered that the going rate for a DBA is twice the amount HP are paying, so leaving might be a good thing. If only I had some damned confirmation....

In the meantime, we're into the 5th week of heatwave, and I'm now turning up to work in t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops, which is a first for me....

more later.......
--
bombholio

Re: Funding Issues David Crowson - 11:11 27/07/06
finally, got the confirmation, out of here on the 25th....

:-/

--
bombholio

Re: Funding Issues David Crowson - 11:44 27/07/06
I guess what really irks me about the whole thing is that out of our 4 man team (which btw is 2 men short...as there's on-call you're only allowed to do 1 week in 6 under German law)
I'm the only one who turns up on time (8am), the others waft in at 10 or 11 am. I'm the only one who actually does the work. The others keep asking me 'how do I do this, how do I do that etc'

Yet I'm the one they're getting rid of. That's the trouble with having a 'manager' 3000 miles away who doesn't see any of this.

--
bombholio