Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Red hat linux
by Nic Jackson at 10:18 25/04/04 (Blogs::Nic)
Back to Linux ?
I've been thinking about installing Linux on my laptop for some time now. It appears to have moved on quite a way since i last used it about 4 year ago.

But which install should i choose Redhat / Suze ? And whats going on with redhat you have to pay for it : )

|| | |||||| |||||||||| || ||||
Nic

<< Ladies and Gentelmen we are fl... Mono >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
Red hat linux Nic Jackson - 10:18 25/04/04
Re: Red hat linux Simon - 19:02 25/04/04
We're mulling over this very thing - with Debian looking like one we're going to try out.

RedHat have decided they need cash if they're to build their business - and there's nothing wrong with that.
--
simon

Re: Red hat linux Nic Jackson - 09:42 26/04/04
Not at all, and i did actually buy the last version of red had i think it was 7. Wasn't 300 dollars though £30 quid i think.

Let me know how you get on, i really fancy getting my hands dirty again. Besides i want to capture wireless packets and the only way to do that is to use the linux version of my wlan card with Ethereal : )

As a site note, i installed a wireless bridge into my flat on saturday which picks up an open wireless connection and passes it back into my own WAN. Problem is now i cant surf packets from the host WAN because they are not going past my card direct. Is there anyway of directing traffic that passes the bridge to my card ? Dave if you are reading this you mentioned a bit of software in your blog a week or so ago, appears to be gone now. I am only trying to do this to i can debug the traffic between my server inside the hosts WAN, and the client on my WAN.

|| | |||||| |||||||||| || ||||
Nic