Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Finger Dyslexia
by David Crowson at 17:09 14/07/05 (Blogs::Dave)
Does it exist ?.

I'm sure it does becuase reading my posts I realise that although I do not suffer from dyslexia (when reading stuff) when I type stuff in it's usually jumbled up. I often correct it, but I think as an experiemtn I will not in future , you'll see what I mean.

So am I mad or do others suffer the same way?

--
bombholio
<< Stressed Out ? Tax >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
Finger Dyslexia David Crowson - 17:09 14/07/05
Re: Finger Dyslexia Hugo van der Sanden - 12:14 15/07/05
Typing is a completely different skill from writing.

Everyone develops their own style: my own is to type faster than I can be accurate, but somehow I've developed enough feel for it that I know when I've mistyped something, and can usually backspace and correct without actually having to look at the keys (or, often, at the screen).

Mostly by the time I've finished typing, what I have is clear of typos, so any further editing is for correctness or clarity.

I think programming helps though: having trained myself to expect an uncaught typo to be a bug, I'm used to taking them seriously and trying to catch them as early as possible. If the majority of what you type is for communication with humans, different pressures apply: a typo rarely impedes effective communication, and is usually outweighed by the effects of clarity of thought and of expression.

Hugo

Re: Finger Dyslexia David Crowson - 14:57 15/07/05
maybe that's the problem then , i type too fast (and like you I know when I'm jumbling up the letters and usually go back and correct them)

Perhaps I need faster fingers :)

--
bombholio