Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Testing my patience to the limit.....
by David Crowson at 06:36 12/07/05 (Blogs::Dave)
No water last night (and after a days riding round London in the blistering heat I was not impressed).

Got up this morning, still no water, so I phone up the Water co.

'Oh there's no problem in your area Sir'

Immmediately I put the phone down the water starts flowing again....

Coincidence, I think not.

Thames Valley Water, we know where you live.....

--
bombholio
<< So Stressed Out ? >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
Testing my patience to the limit..... David Crowson - 06:36 12/07/05
Re: Testing my patience to the limit..... David Crowson - 14:49 14/07/05
OK, so afetr 2 more days with no water (in the bathroom) I decided to call in the expert, he who put the pipes in the Navys warships, retired Coppersmith and fulltime golfing addict, my dad.

30 mins of diagnosis then an hour of fiddling to jury-rig a fix...

The problem....stuck ball-joint valve in the main cold water tank....so maybe it wasn't a conspircay by TVW after all ;-p

For the rest of the day I shall be soaking in a much overdue bath....

Stinky Dave...

--
bombholio

Re: Testing my patience to the limit..... Simon - 15:10 14/07/05
Your dad's a BPFH - excellent :-)

Mind you, I bet a BCSFH would have an interesting forum...

"Sheesh, so this guy calls me and says his copper ore keeps catching fire. Turns out he was only trying to smelt copper out of anthracite!"

--
simon
Re: Testing my patience to the limit..... David Crowson - 16:24 14/07/05
Not quite, call him a plumber and he's likely to clock you one, Coppersmiths are more skilled, innit , and he knows his father :)

This has always been a bone of contention between us too, as I never got the chance to do metalwork at school and am a total cabbage at most practical stuff (which he finds easy). At least he knows I'm trying, which is the main thing and I watch him like an eagle whenever he comes up and does stuff.
Today I'm a total expert on ball-valves.
The replacement one we bought at homebase didn't fit and had bits missing, so I suggested some bits I had leftover from my , gardening equipment and we cobbled up a new valve, and I do so love that sort of hackery :)

So, he's really a hacker from the old school and I'm one from the new :)

Still I'm learning as fast as I can...
and it's just another one of things to add to the large list of skills I've had to learn this year just to survive...

--
bombholio