Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.

Login or Register

Powered by
Powered by Novacaster

Evidence against global warming is based on a typo
by Simon at 08:31 11/05/05 (Blogs::Simon)
Interesting analysis of the credibility of the evidence being used by the "there is no global warming" brigade.
www.monbiot.com

Well worth a read.
--
simon

<< Google invents the Nutrimatic ... Schools could save 500M UKP a ... >>
View Comments (Threaded Mode) Printer Version
Evidence against global warming is based on a typo Simon - 08:31 11/05/05
Re: Evidence against global warming is based on a typo Bruce Ure - 14:17 11/05/05
Wow. Interesting, scary and hilarious in equal measures.

:bu:

Re: Evidence against global warming is based on a typo Simon - 15:02 11/05/05
You know what else I heard today? That the Swiss are preparing to put insulation layers on top of their glaciers to attempt to halt their disintegration.

Seriously - I kid you not. Next step will be to paint the Sahara white.

When they start talking about hanging a bloody great mirror in space, I'll know it's near the end for this cycle of civilisation.

It's almost like they've never heard of Canute...

--
simon

Re: Evidence against global warming is based on a typo Bruce Ure - 15:05 11/05/05
Yes I was just reading about that too... it's like something from a Kurt Vonnegut novel. You just couldn't make it up.

Re: Evidence against global warming is based on a typo Simon - 15:08 11/05/05
Altogether now...

"It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine..."
--
simon

Re: Evidence against global warming is based on a typo Bruce Ure - 15:13 11/05/05
btw.. nice to see some novacaster activity. Was beginning to think it had gone offline or something. I think that's the longest period of inactivity I can remember.

Re: Evidence against global warming is based on a typo David Crowson - 15:47 11/05/05
Well, i've beeen a bit busy, especially after receiving a default notice yesterday....

--
bombholio

Re: Evidence against global warming is based on a typo Bruce Ure - 16:37 11/05/05
Oh shit. How did the remortgage application go?

And I must just say again, that if you need any help, advice, or just a chat, get in touch.

Re: Evidence against global warming is based on a typo David Crowson - 16:45 11/05/05
Cheers Bruce, remortgage going slowly, however from out of leftfield I've had 2 people (that I hadn't realised were friends) offer to stump up the default amount, which is nice....

--
bombholio

Re: Evidence against global warming is based on a typo Bruce Ure - 16:53 11/05/05
Ah that's good. I wish I were in a position to offer the same, but my finances are pretty much fucked as well!

Re: Evidence against global warming is based on a typo Simon - 16:15 11/05/05
You wouldn't believe how busy I've been recently!
--
simon
Re: Evidence against global warming is based on a typo Bruce Ure - 16:38 11/05/05
Good Busy, I hope, not Bad Busy.

I have been too, mostly Good.

Re: Evidence against global warming is based on a typo Simon - 16:54 11/05/05
Good busy mostly (websites going live, new enquiries, that sort of thing).

Awkward busy is trying to sort out somewhere else to live (again) - which means getting up at 7am to scour the new properties to rent/buy alerts from various websites in the hope of getting in before they're snapped up.

Scant success finding rentals that are prepared to accept pets - it'd be nice if the search engines had a tickbox for "landlord prepared to accept that pets are less likely to write on the walls with a crayon than a 2 year old"
--
simon